Finding supplies for your Cricut or Silhouette can be tricky. However, you are in luck, because I am providing my best resources and cheapest places to find the supplies for your Circut or Silhouette craft cutting machine.
The Best Supplies for Cricut & Silhouette
Supplies and materials are a big thing to consider when you first get started with your craft cutting machine. I have had my Silhouette Machines for over five years now, and my Cricut Maker for almost three years.
As a frequent crafter and craft supplies shopper, I’ve bought a ton of supplies. I am sharing my favorite supplies for both the Cricut and Silhouette craft cutting machines.
Most of the things in this list can be used for either the Cricut or Silhouette unless of course, it is specific to that brand. In which, I will make sure to point out that difference.
For some tools or supplies, I do tend to have my favorite brands over another in which I will share my picks with you.
And if you are super brand new to Crafting – Check out My FREE COURSE on how to Choose, Set Up and Make your first cut – Creative Craft Cutting. It includes Video modules and tips to get started with all things Craft Cutting Machines.
Supplies for ALL Vinyl Cutting Projects
- Electronic Cutting Machine – I absolutely love my Silhouette Cameo 4 Machine! The software of the Silhouette America brand is one of my favorites to use and create new designs. I feel like the software is easy to use and have creative control over. The Cricut Maker or even the Cricut Joy is also a favorite. The Cricut Joy – is great for quick on-the-go vinyl projects.
- Software – Let’s talk software for just a minute. Whatever machine you own, it comes with the basic software. However, you do own or end up with the Silhouette I recommend getting the upgraded software Business Edition. It just allows for so much more capabilities and flexibility. You can find paid files in the Cricut Access Store, the Silhouette Studio store, or even find free SVG files for Cricut and Silhouette online.
- Blades – if you use your machine often, meaning you make a ton of cuts, you will find a need to change out your blades. Both Cricut and Silhouette make a variety of blades of different cutting uses. I actually give more detail on this in my Free Course and in this post. Both autoblades and rachet blades work well with the SIlhouette. Cricut has replacement blades as well – but these are my favorite that will last a long time and can be used for a variety of materials.
in this video to see how I have it set up!I absolutely love the Dreambox setup. It really makes crafting so much more fun!
- Weeding Tools & Hook – Having a weeding tool or pick is a MUST-HAVE for any vinyl project. Both Cricut and Silhouette sell some amazing kits that offer a wide selection of weeding tools to help you pick out the negative pieces of your project. But Hands Down – my most absolute favorite weeder tool is the EZ-Weeder. Just get one, you will be so glad you did!
Supplies for Adhesive Vinyl Cutting Projects
When it comes to adhesive vinyl projects you will want to have all of the above plus a few more supplies to make your life easier, and your projects go smoother.
- Transfer Tape – Transfer tape is the clear film or tape that actually helps you take your vinyl project from its backing to the object (mug, cup, surface) that you want to place your design on. Both Cricut and Silhouette sell their own versions. And you can find some good variations on Amazon. You will find a variety of lengths plus with grids and without. Just be careful when trusting an off-brand. A tried and true – good all-around transfer tape, that works on most vinyl is the one from Expressions Vinyl.
- Application Tool – or burnishing tool. This tool helps smooth and de-wrinkle the transfer tape and vinyl. This is also called a squeegee tool – and this set is pretty good. I have a blue one that I have used for years.
Supplies for Heat-Transfer Vinyl Cutting Projects
- Heat Source – You need an iron. Silhouette or a heat press. My favorite Silhouette is the Pink Craft Press from Stahls! It works great and looks great in my craft room!
- Heat Transfer Vinyl – this is the vinyl that is mostly cut in reverse or mirror mode, and then placed on a shirt or fabric surface. There are hundreds of supplies for heat transfer vinyl – but my absolute favorite brand is Ultra Weed by Stahls. They ship quickly and are priced very comparably if not better to competitors. Plus, their vinyl doesn’t lift, can be peeled hot, and wears well. The quality is outstanding!
- Weeding Panel – this is a great thing to have to make your job easier. It softens the heat transfer to make weeding a whole lot easier.
- Iron or Pressing Pad – this is a soft padded surface to help protect your surface if you are using an iron.
This is a pretty extensive list. And as I think of more items, I will make sure I add to it. Be sure to also check out my Dollar Store Craft Supplies for even more affordable options if you are crafting on a budget.