As we ring in the happy new year for 2016, I’d like to think in forward thinking kind of mindset and in that thinking, for 2016 I have to say the best is yet to come. There is so much I want to do and accomplish for 2016.
Anybody and everybody will have goals or wishes for the New Year ahead. And I don’t know about you, but I’ve been thinking about my goals, desires, dreams, ambitions and what nots for awhile now. And by awhile, I mean since somewhere in the middle of October (sometime since after my last post) I’ve been thinking about what it is I really want to accomplish in 2016! I have a list of things, who doesn’t right?
As this new year closed and I reflect, I can’t complain about the many blessings I have received. This year wasn’t all cherries and roses either, there were some sweat and tears days, hectic happenings, and stumbles or set backs, but all in all those things made me realize just how I am to overcome those downers that may occur in the future, and that the really aren’t any terrible days, just ones that grow us. And as far as the great days go, remember those days are even sweeter, cheerier, and happier. I’ve realized it’s the journey that makes a memory’s worth so sweet and that really and truly only great days are ahead.
And so, with all of these thoughts jumbling around in my head, I have come up with a list of FIVE things, that I want to focus on, improve, be happier with, or growth from within. These five things are the things that I believe will really fill me up!!! Don’t get me wrong, my life is very full and blessed already, but I am ready to take it to another level and really just become my best self. I think these things will grow me, challenge me, and most likely, allow my self to date come out once I reach these little ole “goals” of mine.
So Here it is… My top resolutions for 2016:
- Build Faith. At the top of the list for sure, because it’s the most important. I want to become closer to God. Yes, I know God, I’m a saved, baptized, Christian. But I’m not perfect, nor do I ever really expect to be. I curse, I pray, I sin, and I pray. One thing is for sure though, as I knew somewhere in my past this day would come, where I would want to grow deeper with God, study his scripture and absorb more of what I Already know. I’ve questioned how I could do this, add this to my life. Let’s face it, when you’re married to a firefighter whose shift is every third day, attending church regularly every Sunday is difficult alone with three kiddos 3 years old and under. Now that we are a family of five, the same church we attended may not be right for us as it was when we were only a family of 2. So these things prove to be a challenge… But I’m up for it. My husband and I have already decided that this year we will find a home church for our family. It was his idea to make it a goal of ours, which of course made me quite happy. Its funny, yet I love it when my thoughts and his thoughts are same before mentioning it to one another. We pray over meals and teach our littles about God, but as a family, we want to do more. In addition,and in true planner girl fashion I’ve decided that I want to begin bible journaling. Which is perfect as well for the days that I can’t make to God’s house. I’m quite excited about it. I ordered a new bible specifically for journaling and feel that through my love for planning and planner decorating it will come through and lead me deeper into the pages of God’s word. The picture above is my new Bible with decorative tabs from this Etsy seller.
2. Blog. I really want to focus on growing this blog. For one reason I’m fascinated by blogging community in general and just really love what women in the blogging world have done and shared with other women. I have followed and believe it or not have dabbled in blogging for almost 6 years!! I’ve seen its community change all while being sort of on the sidelines, and I’m ready to join in and be a part of it more. I want to inspire others as I have been inspired and if I can do that, even it is just one person I inspire, then it will all be worth it. I love how it’s a place to document the day to day lives we live combined with current trends and events. One day when I’m 90, a little old lady in my bed, I imagine by then Google will have some sort of way of putting into a library all the blogs and posts written, and people maybe from my family for generations to come may be able to read what I’ve written, get a laugh from it or learn from my mistakes. So here’s to blogging and more of it!!
3. Business. AKA: my side hustle. I want to grow it- just like anyone else who has one. I want to be better at it, have even more fun doing it and share with others of like minded-ness all about it. If you don’t know what business I’m talking about – it’s my online crafty girl business The Dashing Pearl. It’s a dream that won’t die, and they say, if it doesn’t leave you, then don’t stop doing it. Most people do more than just one thing nowadays, and I’m proud to be one of them. It may not be a million dollar business but I can hope (with my kids watching) they might learn something about hard work, working hard and doing what you love. They can’t truly see that in my day job, because they can’t go with me everyday and some things just can’t be said, they are shown. There’s nothing wrong with making money in more ways than one, and if one or more of the ways is something you love, well then, you’re not really working, right? Do you side hustle? Do you have an Etsy shop, or online biz on the side? If you do, I’d love to hear about it.
4. Fitness. Okay let’s face it, this one is on everyone’s list pretty much year after year, and it is usually at the top of everyone’s list. But for me, it makes this list at #4 because I want to keep it going. Approx 9-10 months ago I started a on a journey… Working out with Beachbody, and running…. And I’m still on it. And while I am better now than where I was when I started, I am still no where near where I want to be. So I’m raising my glass to all the runner girl and workout on demand girls out there who cheer me on and keep me going… my Beachbody coach Lindsey who checks in, Ana, who buzzes me to wake up for runs, and all my other buddies who haven’t quit on me. In 2016, I’m not quitting on them, I’m committing to making them proud, in my next run, my next challenge and in my next fitness goal. I’m always looking for people to join me, and to get me motivated. Together we can do more, so reach out to me, I’d love share what I have learned this past year!
5. Heels! Yes heels…. This really is just a word that represents many things into one. But over the course of the past year or so I’ve come to realize or just rather embrace if you will, my “mom” attire. I’ve lost some weight, so my pants are slouchier, my clothes are mom-ish, I wear flats! I wear flats EVERY DAY!!! And while there nothing wrong with that, because I do really love my flats, I haven’t worn a heel in prolly 3 years (that’s the age of my oldest). I’d like to strive in the new year being, and by “being” I mean dressing a lil more on the girlier side, you know add a lil glam to my mom self. It’s time. As we become mothers we forget to take care of ourselves, and not that I’ve let myself go, I don’t think that I have ??? But, I do notice I definitely reach for the comfort over cute clothes when heading out. I’m just looking to step it up a notch, in the direction towards where I was before, and ya know wear an occasional heel as opposed to my trusty old flats!! Little changes over time!
So there’s my list to the sweet good life I hope to be living in 2016 where I’ll be building my faith, my side hustle, while getting fit, documenting it all here, while wearing heels!!! Happy New Year friends, let’s make it a great one!!
Do you have any goals or resolutions for the new year? Leave a comment and let me know!!!